Thursday, October 4, 2012

What is a success in 2013?

By: E.J. Stankiewicz
10/04/2012


Earlier today I posed the following question on Twitter:













I received many mixed responses, with a slight majority feeling just playing in that game would be a positive sign for the team
















 To me this is an ultimate Catch-22. After the previous 4 seasons of irrelevance beyond the month of July, I can understand the fans wanting the opportunity to just see a packed ballpark enjoying a true playoff atmosphere. However I can also understand that tomorrow evening there are going to be two teams devastated that they only got to play in a one-and-done scenario, and their season only lasted one game longer than that of the Houston Astros.

Personally, I don't think I would sign for that today. My fanaticism for the Mets has taken me on many emotional highs and lows through the years, but I think I would rather feel like I do today (Indifferent to another lost season) than I did that fateful night when Adam Wainwright ruined my Autumn.


What do you think fans? Let me know @TheHappyRecap



.

No comments:

Post a Comment